Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hello

Hello, my name is Darika Murphy and I work full time as a dental hygienist. I graduated dental hygiene in 2007 from Salt Lake Community College. I am earning my bachelors' degree in dental hygiene here at Weber to possibly work for the U.S. Public Health. I took a upper division class last fall and worked with Weber's senior class of '08 at the VA.
I am dating a guy named Steve and have no kids. I have a 11-year-old yellow lab.
Feel welcome to ask me any questions about my hygiene school experience, boards exams, work experience, or anything! I would love giving some tips or insight.

4 comments:

holly said...

Thanks for your comment. I'd love to have some advice and help from you. Do you have any certain review book that you would recommend for the National Board Written Exam? Also, concerning job placement after graduation, was it hard for you to find a job? I'm thinking I want to work in Salt Lake or Davis County. Thanks!

tiffers said...

Hi Darika. Thanks for the post. I hae been having a terrible time finding pts. Any advise? Was there somewhere you advertised to find the hard to get perio requirements? I have tried posting flyers and such. I'm interested in the job market as well. Hope I can find a job when this is all over.

Gidget's World said...

Thank you for your comment! Is it possible to find full time work in Salt lake right out of school? I know that sounds like a stupid question but I keep hearing from girls that it is impossible... Is it getting that way?

Jake and Kristin said...

Hey Darika. I wanted to ask you if you have a pair of loupes. What is your opinion about them? If you do have a pair, what brand and style are they? Do you recommend them or would you change something about them? I think my biggest question is whether the through the lens design is better, or the flip of kind. What are your thoughts?